Don’t let your pet’s Halloween go from spooky to downright deadly! Keep your pet safe with these five tips:
- Keep all candies, especially chocolates and anything containing xylitol, out of your pet’s reach, as they are extremely poisonous to cats and dogs.
- Keep black cats inside for a few days around Halloween. They are more likely to be pestered this time of year.
- Make sure pet costumes don’t have small pieces your pet could swallow.
- Keep pets away from pumpkins. Though they aren’t poisonous to cats or dogs, they can cause blockages if your pet swallows big chunks.
- Keep your pet away from the door so she doesn’t try to escape when you’re giving candy to trick-or-treaters.